3.05.2008

What a Cruel God We've Got

I have made no secret on this site in the past of my love for David Bazan and his various projects. By my count, I have seen various configurations of he and Pedro the Lion more times than any other artist (5, I think). Needless to say, I'm a fan.

A thread on the pedrothelion.org forums reminded me of a Pedro the Lion rarity of sorts, that being what is technically the last Pedro the Lion song ever recorded, the electric guitar version of "The Devil is Beating His Wife", which became "Cold Beer and Cigarettes" on the Fewer Moving Parts EP (which was recently re-released on Barsuk). In some ways, I like it better than the EP version. For your listening pleasure, here it is:

Pedro the Lion - The Devil is Beating His Wife (electric version)

Bazan is also on tour right now, with three shows coming up next month opening for another one of my favorite musicians, Mark Kozelek. Dates are available on either of the artists' websites.

No comments: